Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Santa Photos and terrified kids

Why do people do this? It never ceases to amaze me the amount of parents that subject their kids to this every year. It's horrifying for everyone involved. Now I don't begrudge a parent wanting to have a nice Christmas photo of the kids on Santa's lap, but fair go, if they are screaming because they are terrified of this strange bearded man, why do it? Is it really worth the mental anguish to your kids just so you can have a dodgy Santa pic complete with red-faced crying children?

3 comments:

  1. I agree 100% with you MrsB. The Santa we visit refuses to have a child sit on his lap if they are upset. He will shake hands, do high fives or give up his seat, but won't ever force a child to sit on his lap. He is just awesome (and it also helps that you take your own photo so it's free!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if NOT doing Santa photos makes me a crap parent or not...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Lulu, I did it once years ago because I thought I would be a terrible parent if I didn't do it and it was the worst experience of my life. So I think that we certainly aren't bad for not doing it.

    ReplyDelete