Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Now for something completely different

A little bit about our life. We live on a farm. The Farmer is a 4th generation farmer and his family has continuously owned the same farm for over 100 years. The Farmer's great-great-grandfather was the first man to own property in this area lock, stock and barrel after making his fortune on the gold fields. He was also the first farmer to deliver wheat to the newly built silos back in 1923. So there is quite the legacy there and The Farmer doesn't want to be the one who drops the ball by selling up - which has been pretty tempting considering the drought we've been in since 2002.

The Farmer and I met after he'd been to a 21st and we've been going strong ever since. We now have the 4 Winkles and I'm looking to go to Uni for the first time to get a Bachelor of Education degree so I can go back to work once the Winkles are older and don't need me as much. So I have been a stay at home mum.
I come from a fairly disjointed family - parents separated when I was 10 and my Dad really is a Deadbeat Dad. I don't like him much at all. Mum can be a PITA but she's OK. I don't talk much to two of my brothers - no reason just don't have a lot in common with them and I don't see them much anyway. My sister I speak more to now since I got a mobile phone and she got on facebook than I did in the entire 3 years previously when she moved to melbourne. She has a gorgeous little girl who is nearly 3 and has cerebal palsy from birth trauma. My youngest brother I do see a bit because he's still at home, but he's all of a sudden turned into an Emo Kid ROFL. He's nearly 15 - Mums 'change of life baby'.
I will add more to this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment