But I'm not, really I'm not.
Don't forget that I have only just started this blog and I have loads of stuff racing around my head that will just spew out until I'm done ROFL.
I think I should tell you a little about me. I grew up in various places - spent the first 3 years of my life moving due to having a Dad in the army. Then he left and we settled in a very tiny village in country NSW and spent my childhood there. I moved out of home at 19 when I met The Farmer and we've been together nearly 13 years now. I have been a stay at home Mum since February 2001 but now my feet are getting itchy and I'm looking for something to do with the rest of my life. Kids grow up too damn fast these days and it wont be long till we are empty nesters and I don't want to be one of those Mums whose sole reason for living was her children - bugger that! So I've decided to go to Uni. I never went to Uni when I left school because well, I grew up in the type of family that thinks to go to Uni means you have grand notions about yourself and are rising above your station. Going out into the workforce and just getting stuck into earning a meagre living for the rest of your life is De Rigueur in my family. So when I have my degree I will be the first of my family on both sides to be University educated. And the thought of that makes be feel bloody proud. I hope I can prove to the Winkles that you don't have to be held back by your family or your upbringing and that anything is attainable.
No comments:
Post a Comment