We are fast discovering that Monkey Nuts is a great mimic and a FAST LEARNER. If there is anything that you don't want him to learn how to do, you cannot under any circumstances let him see you do it. We have found him with tools trying to 'fix' things, he turns on the hoses trying to water the plants. Lately he is fixated on the work The Farmer is doing, well, around the farm. If The Farmer is in the sheep yards drafting sheep, then Monkey Nuts is right there with him, in the way, worse than a mongrel fox terrier dog. Over the weekend I have had to fetch him not once, but twice from down the driveway and then up the hill because he is following where his father has gone. This morning his escapade was to get the sheep in. We have 250 weaner lambs and about 30 of them got out. Monkey Nuts took it upon himself to get them back into the paddock.
^ This is Monkey Nuts after all the lambs ran away.
^ These are the lambs running down the driveway.

^ This is Monkey Nuts following them down the driveway, while calling out "Back in the paddock!" I was nearly wetting my pants laughing it was hilarious to watch - a real little farmer in the making. We always said he was The Farmer's Mini Me but this is ridiculous.
So I went and got him in the car for the third time in as many days and asked him what he was doing and he told me "Put sheep back in paddock" in such a matter of fact way, as if to say how could I possibly think anything different. We did get all bar two of the lambs back in the paddock. The Farmer can get the stragglers later.
I know you posted this last year...but that is so funny! Hahaha...still chortling.
ReplyDelete