Saturday, January 30, 2010
Running with Scissors (or should I say cutting with scissors?)
This is Monkey Nut's new party trick. You simply cannot leave a pair of scissors laying around or he will find them and before you even know he is doing it, he is cutting stuff up - doesn't matter what it is either - paper, pair of dolls shorts, my dress that I had just altered. Yes you did read right - he took to my dress with my sewing scissors, so they are sharp enough to cut very easily. Luckily I was able to mend the dress because it is a paisley fabric and you can't even see where it was if you don't know that it's been cut but boy was I mad - mad at him, but madder at myself because I left them sitting by the sewing machine for less than a minute while I turned the iron on 5 yards away so I could iron the dress over. But I had no idea that he would get them, let alone cut up my dress because he wasn't even in the room when I got up. And the dolls pants were attacked yesterday, using the kitchen scissors that he accessed by climbing up on the bench and getting them off a shelf. Luckily they can also be mended and it wont matter that you will see where they were mended. So that is why I was up at some ungodly hour making the drink bottle covers so I could do it and not have to constantly look over my shoulder to see where he was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment