Saturday, January 30, 2010

Now I would never say that I love sewing

But I do admit that lately I have been enjoying it. A lot. I am starting to drool over fabric sites - www.funkyfabrix.com.au and www.ijustlovethatfabric.com.au are my favourites - and buy fabric on spec, even if I'm not quite sure what I am going to make. I brought some oilcloth fat quarters to make the kids some insulated drink bottle covers and it was challenging - I was up till 2am this morning getting them done because I made them entirely from scratch and wasn't really sure how I would approach it. I originally wanted them to have bottoms, but after making Mate's I realised that they would be easier to get on and off if they were just a tube with elastic at both ends to keep them on. So the covers for the girls were made that way and I am really impressed with how they turned out.

2 comments: