Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oh boy! Some people are so vague.

OK, so being an external student means that 99% of our course is done via the internet. You are expected as an external student to have at least half a clue of how to use the internet, well at least forums, which is how all the discussion and lectures are done. We are explicitly told NOT to post questions if the answer can be found in the unit handbook because with over 500 people enrolled in the course the lecturers simply cannot cope with all the forum traffic. So what do people do? They post their completely inane questions on the forums and then get narky when the lecturers, or someone else equally annoyed, tells them to read the unit handbook. It really is that simple.

2 comments:

  1. Aaagh, I hate them. At least online you can ignore them, when they're in your tutorial group face-to-face there is no ignore button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sucks hey!! (I'm doing UNE course too - decided to check out your blog when you posted on the ePortfolio) I find they waste so much time.

    ReplyDelete