Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Getting my Geek on.

Since Uni has started I've gone a bit mad with the buying of stationery and books. I have always been the kind of girl who loves new books and loves smelling the newness of their pages and textbooks are no different. We only need 2 textbooks for this subject but I couldn't resist it when someone else doing the course suggested that we need a good dictionary and perhaps even a thesaurus. I started salivating at the thought of buying more books so off I went to find the ones recommended as the best. Now I can add to my collection the Australian Concise Oxford Dictionary (the 5th edition no less! LOL), all 1710 pages of words, big words, small words, words that climb on rocks, even words with chicken pox! (hotdog! Armour Hotdog!- sorry I couldn't resist adding that in) Its big and it's HEAVY! And the other one was the trusted Roget's Thesaurus. Once the companion of every crossword-puzzler and a book I loved to read when I was a kid (I'm not kidding, I loved finding out alternative, and usually bigger, words to use for something). I am a wordy person. I love using big words and these purchases are feeding my addiction. Maybe that's what drew me to University study? They LOVE big words LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment