Thursday, December 31, 2009

Farewell 2009...

So here we are, the last day of the year for 2009.
Boy have I been a bad Blogger! How I have negelected thee. But you know, life takes over and all that stuff and we did have the silly season in between my last post and now.
But here I am to wrap up the year.
Much has happened for us, both good and bad but mostly good. So I really don't have much to complain about. It would be quicker and easier not to rehash the entire year to now, so I will just fill in the blanks of December.
We went away for a short family holiday at the start of the month to Merry Beach, halfway between Batemans Baby and Ulladulla and I highly recommend it to anyone. We are planning to go back at Easter next year. 4 days of sun, surf and swimming and it was great, the kids had a ball, The Farmer got much needed R&R and I got to do some shopping.
I am no longer the keeper of secrets - The Madwoman finally got the balls up to tell the IL's about the baby just before she went to her parents for Christmas. But I think she left her run a bit too late because the bulging belly gave it away a few weeks ago and MIL wanted to avoid that whole ugly "gee you're getting fat" senario so she stayed schtum and just waited for the inevitable announcement. It did cushion the blow though so it all worked out OK in the end.
So now we are in the lead up to Christmas and everyone just starts going crazy, panicing about getting all the shopping done in time and finalising all their plans. We decided to "UN" Christmas this year and just take it easy. The Farmer hates Christmas with a passion so he was keen for it. The tree didn't get put up till the 23rd, and no decorations around the rest of the house. Everything was very un-christmassy. The only presents the kids got under the tree were from Nan Kush (my Nan) and one for Monkey Nuts from us because they were getting just two big presents this year to share - a Motorbike and a cubby house and poor little Monkey Nuts is too little to ride the bike yet and the girls shaft him out of the cubby house pretty quick. Lunch was a laid back affair with my Mum and youngest brother coming over for a cold lunch of ham and salad. We did head over to the IL's for the whole she-bang of a dinner as usual, but it was still quite laid back because SIL and G came down and they are very casual people too so it was great. Admittedly it did feel a bit anti-climatic coming home from their place Christmas night, but in the same way that it feels every year when it's all over.
But the best news of all was that we got RAIN!!!!!! Nearly 3 inches of it (or 75mm for you city folk) we got the first fall of 92pts (23mm) and then we got a second fall on Sunday of a whopping 180 pts!! (45mm) the house dam is chocka-block full and the grass is all green and lush and gorgeous. A perfect way to cap off the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment